Monday, September 7, 2020

3D Art Week 2 - Minecraft

 

One of the final renders of my scene, a simple beach shoreline with a sand castle and some coconut palms.

Started out with a simple beveled cube in Maya. UV's were laid out and then brought to and from photoshop to get a visual on which face lined up to which. 
An example of how my Sand blocks would be textured, with the top row featuring the top and bottom faces of the sand. 

Imported my minecraftblocks into unreal and laid them out in a grid to start. From here I adjusted their position to form some sand dunes and dropped some off to create the sand that is beneath the water.
My water material used the same base node structure as our previous M_Cube material, but with the blending mode set to Translucent, and the lighting mode set to Surface_TranslucencyVolume. This allows for the material to be reflective, while also allowing light to pass through it. 
I also set the World Position Offset for this water material so it would rise and fall like calm waves. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 3 - Ember's Textures

 To be frank I did fall behind on Ember this week thanks to multiple real life factors + other school obligations + end of semester burn out...