Thursday, September 3, 2020

Common Art Assignment 1 - Week 01 - Use of Basic Shapes

My finished piece. Using the image Dalmatian Island by Sparth. 

The major differences between mine and the original being the overall color scheme, inspired mostly by sunrise tones, as well as the classic sci-fi red ground trope. 

The other major difference being the camera was dollied toward the island and off to the right. 

Also given more time I would've rendering the watch tower into a rocket launch tower.


Original Art

I lowered the window opacity of PureRef and used it as my tracing/ref point with my proxy models in Maya. 
Finished Proxy models.

First background idea before realizing I didn't want the mountain back-lit.






Final Render.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 3 - Ember's Textures

 To be frank I did fall behind on Ember this week thanks to multiple real life factors + other school obligations + end of semester burn out...