Monday, September 14, 2020

Week 3 - Legos - Part 1: Construction

 

This week we chose a Lego set to reference (below) and recreate in Maya before importing and constructing in UE4. Seeing as assets can be duplicated and mirrored as needed, I only made 1 of each unique piece.

I began with a simple 2x1 thin rectangle that would function as my ruler for the rest of my pieces. From here they were a simply a matter of finding how many blocks long, wide, and tall each piece would be. 
Finished Proxies of each unique piece. 
Examples of what my detailed pieces would look like, most obviously featuring the iconic Lego tops, as well as beveled edges and any other unique details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 3 - Ember's Textures

 To be frank I did fall behind on Ember this week thanks to multiple real life factors + other school obligations + end of semester burn out...