Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Week 5 - Composition

 


Reference Images
I chose the classic Rule of Thirds composition, with my rocket depot/outpost/station centered, the Mannequin coming over the foreground to the right, and the ship approaching from the left. My composition was inspired by the concept image above.
Beauty Pass
Normal, Toon, ID, AO passes
I began by laying some basic splash tones over the beauty pass. 
Using the ID map as a selection tool I started introduced greater variation in value, saturation, hue, etc.
Background kit bashed with some images of real mountains, and a very faint gradient overlay to introduce a snow haze.
Exposure and Levels adjustments to bring balance value across the image.
Grid to show the thirds of the image, as well as the line that I hope the viewers eyes follow from one side of the image to the other.
With Toon Shader on top.
Final Render.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 3 - Ember's Textures

 To be frank I did fall behind on Ember this week thanks to multiple real life factors + other school obligations + end of semester burn out...