Sunday, June 20, 2021

Portfolio 2 Week 1 - Bell Zettifar (Jedi Padawan)

 

My next piece is the character from the latest series of Star Wars novels, Bell Zettifar. I'm currently caught between 2 minds of modeling him more hyper-realistic (like the sith character on the bottom left of my board) or stylized like the Clone Wars series (like the character in the bottom middle)
I plan on using this character to practice using marvelous designer, and considering that he's 95% covered in clothing, I tried to spend time getting his proportions feeling nice and right rather than sculpting body details that wont be featured. I struggled a lot to get the head recognizably head-like, and frankly I'm still not happy with it, so I'll probably leave it for last until I decide on hyper real or clone wars-geometric body shapes. 


to get the proportions and body shapes going I've been using Nick's reference board to get me started and keep me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 3 - Ember's Textures

 To be frank I did fall behind on Ember this week thanks to multiple real life factors + other school obligations + end of semester burn out...